
Let's see....Where to begin.
Running - I did make it my 10miles. It was less than my half-marathon race pace; so I was happy and signed up for the Tyler Rose Half Marathon on Oct 10. But, I don't think I'll do as well as I would like to. I ran those 10mi on Sept 27 (my bday) and the temp was low 50s. What a world of difference the temp makes for me. It will likely not be that cool on race day. Oh well...at least I know I can still run 10mi. Hopefully, I can run 13.1. I was hoping to get one more long run in, but my hip or IT band or whatever is bothering me a little and I don't want to push it. We'll see what happens. But I am very excited about running so close to home. My brother-in-law is running it, too.
I am most excited about the super medal. Really I am. I love it. Let's just hope I don't come in last.
Reading: The reading has been going slowly lately. Now that the girls are both in school I actually have less time to read. Haha! I usually only read 5-10 pages of a book at a time; so I can read while the girls are at home and playing with each other. But, when they are at school, I'm usually running around (literally). I find it hard to turn off my tv shows to read when they are sleeping.
Raising Girls: The girls had their first dentist appointments this week. They were so wonderful! Well, except for Keira's fit that she couldn't get x-rays of her teeth done. She watched big sister and wanted to do it, too. But, they don't do x-rays until 4 years. Keira was not happy about that. They said they had never had one cry about NOT getting x-rays. Leave it to Keira. The dentist talked about their "bite". They will definitely need braces. And, Elle's gap might have to be fixed one day, too. Although, I have to say that her gap is a little cute to me. I may encourage her to leave it if it's just cosmetic.
Of course, we also had to talk about thumbsucking! He told me about a product called Mavala STOP. This is supposed to be better than the other stuff you get at Wal-Mart. He asked if I wanted him to put some on the girls and I said, "Go for it!" In the car, they opened their new dental supplies and brushed their teeth in the car. So happy! Until, the thumbs went in the mouths. They cried the rest of the way home. It was really sad watching them try to sleep. Keira got lucky because he only put it on one of her thumbs; so she had an extra one. But, Elle was dying. I ordered Mavala from Amazon that same day. It took 3 days to get here. After just the dentist's application, I have only caught Elle sucking her thumb at night. Today, before our Mavala arrived, she was also sucking it on the way home. Lucky for me, it was in our mailbox and again neither of them are sucking thumbs.
I even put it on my fingers; so maybe I would stop biting my nails and this stuff is nasty. The taste lingers, too. But, it doesn't burn eyes and you can't just wash it off; so one application lasts. It says to reapply every 2 days.
More News: I had a birthday. I'm now 31. It was sad without Joe here, but he made up for it by surprising me with a new camera. A Canon Rebel XSi. It's beautiful. I have read the instructions and can shoot in Full Auto, but still don't know how to use the manual functions. My friend, Stacy, suggested we go to dinner on Sat night. And I got to go because Valerie and Wesley watched the girls for me. They came to Abilene to pick up a crib and glider. I did offer for Valerie to come, but she declined. So, some girlfriends, who were able to come out last minute, joined Stacy and me at Outback. I also got a nice deep, deep, deep tissue massage. It hurt, but it was worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment