I am so excited about the cooler weather. It's not as cool as I'd like it to be, but it's getting closer. I'm in love with my time to workout on MWF while the girls are at school. I only have to run one treadmill run a week now. And, I get to work out for free on base. It's not just with anyone either. It's with Mica, who is super instructor. I can't pass up Mica for free. So, I run my 3-5miles and then go have Mica tear me apart twice a week. Then, Friday is long run day. This leaves only one treadmill run on the weekend. And, I get to work on school work during naptime. This leaves my evenings free! Woot!
This week I will attempt a 10 mile run. I say attempt because I already tried it and only made it 9miles and that was with walking almost an entire mile of it. It just got too hot for me. At least I hope that's what it is. If nothing, the cooler weather will bring me no more excuses.
My new Garmin Forerunner 405 will arrive tomorrow. I am so excited. I have been using my Nike + via a sportband. It's okay. It will tell you how far you've gone and give you an intantaneous pace reading. But, I have been spoiled by the Garmin, which has a million features right at the tap of a finger all during your run. Not to mention, the GPS is more accurate; especially when you run like me. The Nike+ uses pedometer like reading; so it sort of measures your stride. Unfortunately, my stride and running gait is wacky.
Why I'm really in love with the Garmin: I'll be running along, maybe (probably) having a hard time and look down to see that if I just pick up the pace a little, I can make my goal. Or, I realize that I'm running faster than I thought; so my fatigue suddenly makes sense and this feeling of excitement replaces the mental fatigue. On the other hand, the Nike+ just tells me how fast I'm going that particular second, which is no real indicator of how fast I went the last second or the next one.
If you didn't already know, I have lost my voice. It is a little better this afternoon. Here's to hoping my 405 and my voice arrive tomorrow.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment