I changed the girls' pick-up time at school. They now stay until 2:30p rather than 12:30. And they nap there, too. So far I really like it. It does cost extra, but it sure is nice while Joe is gone. I went grocery shopping with no kids today for the first time in 3 months!
I also got in a five mile run at a pretty good pace. But, again, the weather was in the 50s. I do so much better when it's under 60 degrees. Unfortunately, for the half marathon I'm running on Sunday, it looks like it will be in the 60s. If you've been wondering, my goal is to finish in 2:30 or less. I should be able to do that, but feel very unprepared for this race. I have only trained on flat courses and I've only gotten up to 10 miles. I am still very excited about it though. And, unless something weird happens, I know I will cross the finish line at some point. I hope there are spectators. I love seeing all the people come out for a race. It makes it so much fun and keeps my mind off of my panting. This is a smaller race than the last half I ran; so I'm making sure to at least have the iPod on hand, just in case.
Right now, I'm reading Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul. It was given to me; so I figured why not. The short stories are fun to read.
Today marks 3 months since Joe has been deployed. You would think that would be exciting because normally it would make us already at the halfway point. But, I was told last week that his orders also have a training period added on. So, it's for 6 months plus time to train the new guy. It should only be a week or two extra, but still...
I think it's one of those things that I just wasn't expecting. If I had known all along, it wouldn't bother me so much. I can't change it though; so I will get over it.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment