One of my pet peeves is a flaky person. I've always thought that if someone doesn't want to do something, they should just be honest.
But, I have turned into quite the flake lately. Miss Type A just can't get a handle on things lately.
My kids are all over the place and I find myself questioning my parenting skills. Just when I thought the kids were getting older and things were getting easier, we take about 3 steps backwards.
Elle's behavior with me has been horrible lately. I'm embarrassed to say all of what's been happening with her. She is acting like she's 2 along with some 4 year old whining. The public tantrums are just too much for one parent to handle. Physcially, it's hard sometimes to even leave the scene.
I do think that part of it is that she is not getting enough attention from me. But what can I really do? I am only one person and I have two little people that need me.
Until I have another set of hands around, everyone is just going to have to understand why I'm not going to take these two out much. And, I will just have to accept the long sighs and rolling eyes when I say, yet again, that I might not be able to attend something. I love you all, but it is what it is. My kids are not quiet and passive. They are loud and strong-willed. Right now, it is a disadvantage to us socially, but someday they will learn to use their personalities to do great things. Watch out world!
Letter to Max at 7 Years
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment