CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

13.1 vs. 3

Woohoo! I made it 13.1 miles on Wednesday. It wasn't a race...just a long training run. It was the last long run before the next half-marathon I'm running on Oct. 30th. The good news is that I completed it about 20 seconds faster than I did when I ran the Tyler Rose Half. However, I don't know that that means much. I run the same speed all of the time. I actually prefer the longer distances than the shorter ones because my speed is almost the same regardless of if I'm running a 5K or half-marathon. I place towards the middle on 13.1, but am more towards the end for 3 miles.

This weekend, I'm actually running a 5K. It sort of makes me want to throw-up. I really hate the idea of pushing through 3 miles as fast as I can. But, it is the one year anniversary of my first race. And, the money is going to a good cause. Although, I may just skip the running as fast as I can for 3 miles and just go at my own leisurely pace; to avoid feeling like crap afterwards.

Tomorrow I am going to a Jazzercise class and I am super excited about it. It really sounds like a lot of fun and I have a 7 day free pass. I don't know that I'll actually pay for the classes (because remember I can have my beloved Mica for free on Mon and Wed), but even just one class should prove to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment