We are already almost half-way through September. September 4 marked 1/3 of the deployment. So, I just have to do this 2 more times, right?
A lot has been happening. We made a road trip to Longview to visit my parents, sister & nieces over Labor Day Weekend. We had a visit to the park, snowcones at Brian & Scott's and Chuck E. Cheese's. I even got to see a movie with my sister. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I saw a movie in the theatre. My nieces are such a huge help and watched the girls. They even gave them baths.
This week started school and ballet. I am exhausted. I will have to get used to this new schedule. It was Keira's first time at "school" or any type of day care. She absolutely LOVES it. The teachers tell me they have to kiss a lot of 'hurts' though. Haha! She is so funny. Anytime anything is bumped, she needs someone to kiss it. She will be wailing away, but a kiss almost always makes it miraculously all okay.
Elle is in love with ballet. Her Baba (Joe's mom) got her some super good dance clothes and a cute bow. Her friend, Emily, is in her class; so she was not shy at all. I got to watch a little of the first class through the window and it looked like Elle was having the time of her life. Unfortunately, KK cannot stand that she can't dance, too. Another mom suggested the library; so off we went and I assume we'll be visiting the library every Tues and Thurs during dance class. I have to admit that I'm a little sad that I can't watch. I'm sure I'd get over it after the first few weeks though. And, I can always watch in January with Joe gets back and KK can stay home with Daddy.
I have gotten to run outside quite a bit. With the girls in school MWF morning and the cooler weather, I finally have an opportunity to get outside! It's a dream. I don't even care about the humidity after being stuck with the treadmill for a couple of months.
I also get to go to the Pump It class on base. It's free and it's MWF while the girls are at school. I won't be able to attend every class, but I should get to go to at least one a week. This makes me very happy.
Books - Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is the best book I've read in awhile. I didn't expect it to be that great, but I was surprised. It's about ninety-something year old man looking back on the days he traveled with a circus. The author has a new book out, Ape House. Again, based on the synopsis, it doesn't look like a book I would enjoy, but I may just have to read it after being so surprised with Water for Elephants.
I have moved on the The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It was recommended to me. I have just started it. The beginning was a little strange and I'm getting used to the format.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment