CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mom to Mom - Discipline & Parenting

A friend posted a link to this blog on facebook today. I thought I would share.

As you read, know that I do not think there is a perfect way to parent every child. Every child is different and requires different types of love, discipline, etc. But, I have felt very out of place at times with the style of discipline Joe and I have chosen for our children. My children are not the best behaved. Not at all. I have gotten those 'looks' from strangers and even other moms that say, "What are you going to do about that behavior?"

This blog is how I 'try' to parent. Now, those that know me well know that I lose my patience very often. And, I don't always make it. But, this is the goal. It really has worked for us so far. Although it may not work for another family.

But next time you are seeing a child misbehave and you catch yourself wondering why the parent is handling it a certain way, remember there is more than one way to handle the situation. We are all different as parents and as children. Your way may not work for that family. It's all about creating harmony in the home for the different personalities under that roof (not your roof).

For us moms, we all know that having your parenting be scrutinized or judged is the worst feeling; especially from another mom.

http://katiekind.wordpress.com/2010/07/18/grace-ful-parenting-of-toddlers/

No comments:

Post a Comment