CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bird Crap & Running Gear

The girls brought their slide inside our house today. They are having a blast.

Today my neighbor watched the girls for a few hours. Elle cried for an hour. I did get a pedicure, but the rest of the time I was running errands. I got my curtains re-ordered. I had orginally ordered them in the wrong size. I'm so horrible at measurements. It took a friend to tell me that I ordered curtains thatt were only one inch longer than me. Joe had a great laugh about it though. The good news is that JC Penney's lets you exchange stuff at the store and still get free shipping on the exchange. Woot! So, I just have to wait longer until the new ones arrive at my door.

Another errand was trying to find an extra long twin mattress. I went to one store that didn't have it; so I decided to stop there and just call the other places to make sure they have them first rather than wasting my babysitting money.

Then, I snuck in pedicure!

Finally, I was off to pick up Keira's new big girl bed. She's been in a toddler bed since she turned two. But Baby Carter, my new nephew arriving late Nov (or maybe Dec), needs a crib. And Keira can't stay in a toddler bed forever. I ideally wanted one just like Elle's, but they don't sell them anymore; so I made some phone calls and they found one more twin size bed in the same bedroom group, but a different style. I had to take it right then, which meant I had to pick it up this week, too.

Luckily we have Joe's truck. However, I found out the hard way today that it has no AC. Yea! It also is caked with bird crap. I stopped to buy some windshield wiper fluid because it was out and I couldn't see through the bird poop on the windshield. A man actually made fun of me and said he didn't think that was going to fix my problem. Yes, that's how bad it is. I guess that's what happens when your vehicle is parked under a tree for a few months.

Now, how I am going to move the furniture from the truck to the house is another story. For right now, I'm parking Joe's truck in the garage and the furniture will have to sit there. I don't have a mattress anyway.

Running: It's another 16 mile week for me. I hope to finally break that barrier next week. We are going to Longview to visit my parents. So, I see a chance to finally make 8miles and be able to do it outside (way early in the morning, of course). I hope the temps stay cooler.

My favorite running gear:
  • Spibelt
  • Old Orginal White iPod - probably an antique by now. But I find it's so small and I can wear it in my Spibelt or even in the key holder of running shorts, if they have one.
  • Big Huge Clip-On Headphones by Panasonic - These are the only things that stay on my ears. However, most of the time I don't run with music outside. It is a must on the mill though.
  • Injinji Toe Socks - These are so awesome. I used to get blisters in the web of my toes. Not a blister since. I need some more, but we don't have an REI here.
  • Xersion Running Shorts at JCPenney's - These are cheap, but regardless of that I LOVE them. Similar to Adidas, but fit more comfortably. AND CHEAPER. I admit I haven't tried Nike, but only because they are $30 a pair and I don't want to fall in love.
  • Regular Biker Shorts - Actually, I prefer these to shorts, but they aren't ideal for running around the neighborhood. Don't want to scare anyone. However, I do wear them for most of the races. Great if you have issues with chafing. I admit it...I do. My thighs are humongous (one of Elle's new words).
  • THE GARMIN - I don't think I could live without this lovely piece of equipment. Oh wait...I am living without it because Joe took it with him on his deployment. However, we are likely getting a 2nd one because we run the same races too much. Nike+ is great, but once you go GPS, you can't go back. If we get another one, we'll get the 110 though. It's got all the basics, but doesn't have the bells and whistles like the virtual trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment