Elle's birthday party was a huge success. We had her party at the zoo. Why the zoo in August? Well, they do EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING = cake, favors, drinks, presents, 30 min educational session with animal touching, and the clean up. This is the perfect spot when you have two kids and your husband is deployed. Not to mention, most of the party is inside. I admit we all melted once we got to the actual zoo part, but that is somewhat optional and you are mostly on your own at that point. Do what you want with your free admission.
She had a wonderful time. She is becomming such a little lady. Sometimes I just can't believe it. If you haven't already seen them, here are some pictures from her party. http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=6xqcj7m.3uo5cj3y&x=0&h=1&y=-va7mv9&localeid=en_US
And, a video from her Skype party with Daddy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP7XHU2Wixw
I never got to run on Saturday. I had planned on it, but I pulled something in my back at her party. Honestly, I wasn't too sad about it on Saturday, but when Sunday rolled around and my back was still killing me, I was pretty upset. Especially after all of the cake and pizza I ate.
Today I still feel it a little, but I'm going to try and get in a run anyway.
Right now, I am reading Eat, Pray, Love. It's not as great as I want it to be so far. I can see how it would make a great movie, but if you aren't interested at all in the culture of where she's visiting, it can translate into a lot of rambling, in my opinion. Also, I am in no way at a point like she is in her life; so I that makes it a little more difficult to understand and relate. I'm not even 1/3 of the way through though. Sometimes you have to wait until the second half to appreciate a book.
The girls played outside all afternoon and I finally lured them into the bath by promising them all of Elle's new bath toys. She got a ton of bath stuff at her party. This is great because she hates taking baths...and showers.
Tomorrow we leave for Austin to visit my sister. We will spend Wednesday hanging out with her and Uncle Wesley. She just bought a new house and I am super excited! Not to mention, I haven't seen her baby belly yet and she's already well past halfway in her pregnancy. Thursday, we will head over to Joe's grandparents house. I'm pretty sure his cousin, Krissie, is visiting that day as well. If the girls behave on the trip to Austin, we will be daring and try for Houston to see Joe's parents.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment