Right now I am on a running break. On my last two runs I noticed a significant annoyance with my knee. I'm pretty certain it's my IT band again. While training for the half-marathon I ran in May, I managed to injure it pretty badly. Because I now know the signs, I don't want to chance it. Hopefully, I will be back up and running agian tomorrow. We'll see.
Not being able to run put me in a bad mood. It's not that I don't enjoy the break. I definitely enjoy not running. But, I have this huge fear that I will gain a lot of weight. And that is what puts me in a bad mood. I'm happy where I am although I wouldn't mind losing a little more of the belly fat; so I hate the idea of being out of running for awhile.
I'm almost done with The Kite Runner. It is definitely a great book. I hope to use the LendMe feature on the Nook and email it to Joe, but I'll have to see how all of that works.
Speaking of the Nook. Here is my eWish List:
Eat, Pray, Love
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
The Book Theif - Markus Zusak (recommended after Sarah's Key)
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini (recommended after Kite Runner)
The Postmistress - Sarah Blake
I Am Nujuood, Age 10 and Divorced - Nujood Ali
It's not a long list, but it's always being added to.
Soon, I'll share my Nook Library.
Oh...P.S. Tomorrow is Elle's zoo party! We are super excited!
Letter to Max at 7 Years
10 years ago

Water for Elephants was really good, too. I think they're making a movie out of it...where'd I hear that? Anyway, should be good! Have you read The Help? If not, you MUST!! You'll love it! I think we have similar book taste, judging from what you're reading. I'm so out of the reading loop now though, I have exactly NO time for it at the moment and it's killin' me!
ReplyDeleteYes, I have read The Help...very, very good. My favorite book that I've read recently. I stopped reading until Keira was 2. Seriously, it took that long. But, I have figured it out. I only read about 5-10 pages at a time. haha! I do it throughout the day; so I still can read about 50 pages a day. I know...I'm weird.
ReplyDelete