Water for Elephants, the movie, comes out this week! I'm really excited to see it. I know that the movies are usually not as good as the books, but I still love to see my favorite books on the screen. The Kite Runner turned into a fantastic movie. I couldn't find one spot where they veered from the story, and it wasn't corny either. It's been awhile, but I remember enjoying the movie Lovely Bones as well.
They are also making Hunger Games into a motion picture as well. Now, this is VERY exciting. I never thought I would enjoy the Hunger Games series, but it was one of the best stories I've read in awhile. It's target audience is for a younger crowd, and I don't think that means 31-year-old moms, but I thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. As a matter of fact, I was pretty sad when I had finished the series. You know it's a good book when you miss the characters.
Everyone knows the Alice in Wonderland story, which is also obviously a movie. Right now, my book club is reading Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin. I'm only about 50pages in, but I like what I've read so far.
Here's a little blurb from the author's site http://melaniebenjamin.com/alice-i-have-been.php
"A love story and a literary mystery, Alice I Have Been brilliantly blends fact and fiction to capture the passionate spirit of a woman who was truly worthy of her fictional alter ego, in a world as captivating as the Wonderland only she could inspire"
I may just have to reread Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland next. Especially since Elle's dance studio is performing it on stage next month. Let's hope Elle hangs in there long enough to make it to the performance. She is really protesting dance class lately, but always has a blast once she's in there. I'm actually to the point of pushing her in the door and running out before she can catch me.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment