It's been so long since I have blogged that I really don't know where to begin. Maybe I should just stick with the basics.
Running: The girls had their last day of school last Monday, so I am stuck on the treadmill for a few weeks. I made it 10 miles on the mill on Friday. My longest on the treadmill. It took forever. I watched an entire movie. I cranked up the air conditioner to get it down to 60 degrees and still had my fan blowing it my face. But I did make an entire 10 miles on the treadmill, so I call it a success.
Reading: B&N had to send me a replacement Nook. Mine finally froze and wouldn't wake up this time. Let's see if I can recall all of the books I've read recently. The Plain Truth by Jodi Piccoult. Eat, Pray, Love. I really didn't like this book at all. Awesome for someone to get the chance to travel around the world to "find" themself while eating, praying, and loving - or whatever it is she was doing. But, I just found it boring to read about someone else's journey to self-actualization, happiness, peace, or love. I found myself thinking blah, blah, blah...get over yourself, girl. Regardless, I'm excited about receiving my rental from Netflix in the next couple of weeks of the movie. I think I will appreciate the movie much more than the book.
I just finished Picking Cotton. It's a true story about a man wrongly convicted and imprisoned for rape. The story was good. It's a true story, so it's not like you can just input more interesting events.
Right now, I'm reading The Good Daughters by Joyce Maynard. I have only read the prologue so far, but I'm pretty sure I will like this one. It's a book for my book club that we are reading for January.
Raising Girls: Whew! We have been busy. They have school Mon-Wed-Fri. Elle has dance class Tues-Thurs evenings. On the weekends, we've been busy with parties or get togethers, I guess. I'm really not sure where all of the time goes. Elle had her Christmas program at school. I don't think she sang one word, but she sure was cute standing up there. Then, she was an angel in the Nutcracker. Her dance studio puts it on every year. It was last night and she was absolutely gorgeous. Really...I can't get over it. I find myself staring at the picture of her in her costume and make-up. It's a glimpse into the future.
We leave tomorrow to start our Christmastime trip. One quick stop in Austin to see Baby Carter, my new nephew! Then, to Houston to see Joe's family.
Only about a month until our guy returns. I cannot wait!
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

I keep seeing you run the Air Park around lunch time. I've been really behind in my running and I'm doing the Goofy Marathon in three weeks! I'm really nervous about it! As for books, Do you read any Sophie Kinsella? The Shopaholic Series? She is one of my favorites! She just put out her fourth Shopaholic book, Mini Shopaholic, about her little girl! I asked for it for Christmas, I'm really hoping I get it! It was fun catching up at Target the other day! I hope you guys have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeletePage
I haven't read the Shopaholic Series. I may have to take a look. I've heard it's good. I'll probably be back running the air park again. The kids start back at their preschool/MDO on the 5th.
ReplyDelete