CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmastime trip

We left Monday of Christmas week and headed to Austin (well, Pflugerville) to see my new nephew. He is just the cutest little thing. Keira was a little jealous. I can't say I blame her. I did insist on holding him almost every second that he was awake and not eating. It was still not enough.

Tuesday we visited Joe's grandparents who live in Austin. Of course, Granny made us lunch. We were not expecting lunch as it was a last minute visit, but I should have guessed Granny would not let us leave without feeding us first. It is so nice that the girls get to see their great-grandparents.

From there, we set out for Houston to see Joe's parents. Keira slept almost the entire way, which was very nice. On Wednesday evening, we went out to see Panto Pinocchio. It was in a small theatre. We had front row seats and there was audience participation. Elle was so, so excited to go to this, but the minute it started she freaked out. I was sitting with Keira and Elle was with Baba (Bridget, Joe's mom). It's a good thing because I probably would have walked out with her, not wanting to disturb the rest of the audience. But, Baba and Aunt Marcia managed to calm her down. Keira was enjoying it though. She sat right on the edge of the seating area with her feet dangling onto the stage. There was a portion when all the kids were asked to come out and sing. Keira ran right out there and the entire audience went, "Awwww..." She was the littlest one. Then, another little boy about her size ran out there, too. I would say Keira was the highlight of the show. Everytime she got up to potty we'd have to pass some of the cast in the wings. They would all comment on how adorable she was. Well, on the way home she threw up all over the car. Thank goodness that did not happen on stage.

On Christmas eve we played at the park. Of course, we opened presents later. It pretty much looked like Toys R Us threw up in the living room again. Yea!!

We had Christmas dinner early at 11am, so we could get on the road back to Abilene in time for Santa to come. The trip was long, but we made it in one piece. Santa had a really hard time putting together Keira's mini trampoline. It is still not right, but the directions even say you need two people, so we will fix it in a few weeks when Daddy is home (yea! Did I just say weeks...only weeks to go!)

Elle could not fall asleep for Santa. I had to keep talking to Santa through the chimney asking him to wait a little longer, so Elle could closer her eyes. This only made her more excited though. She would scream, "Santa is here!"

They were both very pleased with their Santa gifts. I have to say they have done a wonderful job sharing so far. But, I'm certain it will not last.

I was able to read a little during the trip while the girls were trying to fall asleep each night. But no running. I felt a little rusty on my first run post Christmas, but it felt normal by the end. Tomorrow I have a sitter coming, so I can do a long run in the afternoon. The rest of the week will be treadmill runs. Then, next week starts school again on Wednesday! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment