Running in the summer is an entirely different ballgame. I just started running last October; so this is my first time enduring the heat. I used to passionately dislike the treadmill. Now, it is my saving grace. I have figured out that I am miserable in anything hotter than 80 degrees. I tried to wait until the sun went down only to find out that it's still 90 degrees out there. If Joe were home, I could definitely run in the morning when it's 80, but life ain't fair.
I have come to the conclusion that I am destined for the treadmill. At least until it's below 80 degrees at 8:30p.
However, on Monday night I did complete my longest treadmill run ever. Six whole miles. It's quite a feat for me. And, I ran faster at the end than I did at the beginning. That's always a plus. I confess that at the 3 mile mark, I had to get off of the treadmill to check on the girls. Sure enough, they were out of their rooms running around and someone had taken off their dirty diaper.
Sometimes, I think the cards are stacked against me for running while Joe is gone. The heat, no sitters, etc. But, then I think maybe the true mark of a runner (or jogger) is finding a way.
I'll do three more shorter mill runs this week and try for 7 mill miles next week. I think I can do it, right?
I finished Me and Emma. It has a very shocking ending. It was a great book. Although I probably should have saved that one for a less stressful time in my life. I highly recommend it though.
Yesterday, Elle was at summer school. Keira took a trip to the post office to mail off our first care package to Daddy. After Elle was done with school, we went to wash the car. The girls were very excited, but really it was just a whole of trouble trying to keep them inside the bay. It looked better in my head rather than in reality. Oh well. They did have fun, at least.
Today, we went to the Grace Museum - a local children's museum in Abilene. I really think Elle is outgrowing this place. Or, maybe we've been too much. We used to have a membership, but right now they are giving military free admission through the summer. Check it out. Your museum might be as well. http://www.bluestarfam.org/drupal/?q=BlueStarMuseums
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

I had no idea you started blogging. This will be great to share with Joe and to keep track of all that you have going on.
ReplyDeleteI envy your exercise. The greatest workout I get these days: Wrestling with the wee fella in public restrooms as he tries to open the trash can and unroll the tissue.
Below 80 degrees? How lovely =) Lemme know if you're up to reading any bookies I have for my Nook! I got a few more since I sent you the list.. but they're primarily teen/young adult stories hahaha
ReplyDelete6 miles of running? That's like from our apt to my lab! Awesome job!