I have tried to find a new background, but I think blogspot must have changed its editing right before I decided to create this blog. All of the directions are not making sense. However, I may just not be getting it. I'm definitely getting older and more easily confused.
I have been waiting patiently for a week now for Joe's package to arrive. He sent them a United Through Reading package and we haven't yet received it. I hope it gets here soon. I know the girls will just love it.
Right now, I am reading a ridiculous book. Not ridiculous in a good way. It's called Weddings Can Be Murder by Christie Craig. I wouldn't have even gotten the book, but Barnes & Noble was offering the eBook for free. It's really horrible, but decent enough that I keep on reading. Maybe it's just not my style.
There is only one week left until Elle's birthday! She will be so excited. Normally, we hang out as a family and have a little mini birthday party, but I don't know what we'll do this year. Actually, last year was the first year Joe was even here for her birthday; so I don't why I'm calling it 'normal'. Really, him being gone for her birthday is more routine. Elle has been waiting to turn 4 ever since Keira turned 2 in February. It has been a long wait.
This morning we had another bike car adventure. Keira cries everytime we bike into the sun even though she has sunglasses. And Elle cries everytime we pass the house. But, we made it another 4 miles before I gave up.
Because the bike riding is working out (sort of), I'm realizing I'm going to need to add some strength exercises in there as well. I've been doing strenth, but I usually do it with my Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred video. I highly recommend this video. It is very good and a quick workout. However, I do prefer the biking because I can do that while the kids are awake and not have to spend my naptime working out. So, tonight I'm going to try out a quick round of situps and push-ups while I watch the Bachelorette. Yes, I'm guilty. I love reality TV.
The running went well last week. I logged 15.5 miles for the week. Tomorrow is my attempt at 7 treadmill miles. We'll see if I make it. It's hard for me to imagine that I ran a half marathon in May, but can't make it 7 miles on a treadmill.
Tomorrow is also Houston lottery day. Wish us luck. Joe and I are entering the lottery to run in the Chevron Houston Marathon. Well, he's entering the marathon. I am sticking with the half. The race isn't until Jan 31. I'm looking forward to running another race together...or, him running and then waiting around for me to finish. Ha! He runs so much that he brought a pair of used shoes and a pair of new shoes with him. Then, he asked me to send him two more pair. That's a lot of shoes.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
10 years ago

Glad to hear you like the Jillian Michaels video...I've been wondering whether or not to buy it :) And, I've been meaning to ask you, how did you start running? I mean, did you just start? Or did you join a program? I'm sooo NOT a runner, but I'd love to start actually enjoying it enough to do it regularly. Know what I mean??
ReplyDeleteAmy - It's a great video. I highly recommend it. I guess I started running because of the boot camp thing they have here. I hadn't run more than a mile or two before then. But, the trick is to start out really small. For example, run 2 min, walk 1min. Or, just however long you can handle it at first and then walk. It won't take long and you'll be running a 5k
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of shoes! Wow!
ReplyDelete