I have gained four pounds since Joe has deployed. Absolutely horrible. I'm determined not to make it five pounds. Today is the day. I realize that a week before Thanksgiving is probably not an ideal choice to re-evaluate my eating. But, let's be honest. I've obviously been celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's for four months now. A pound a month to be exact.
My diet is not terribly unhealthy, but I have these memories of when I looked much better. I am in the best shape of my life, but also the heaviest (aside from pregnancy related weight). It shouldn't be that way. I know it's not just about the number on the scale. I also know that I've always had a lot of muscle, but...still...that's not exactly a good excuse. I stepped on the "magic scale" and it confirmed that the four pounds is not muscle.
The real problem is that I KNOW I could do better. When you know that about yourself, you also know you have to try harder.
Mica & Kris from Keep Movin' Fit Camp always say diet is 80% of the pie. I have to say that I am a believer. Most people can't just exercise their way to being healthy. I definitely can't. I have most certainly tried though.
Now, I just need to make myself like vegetables. And, stop thinking of food as a reward or a time to relax. Maybe I need to take up a hobby that I can do with my hands while I watch TV.
Letter to Max at 7 Years
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment