We headed out the Wednesday before the races and went through Austin, so Joe could check out Baby Carter. Baby Carter and Joe were instant friends. Seriously, he was laughing for him and everything. I admit I was jealous, but I did get to hold him a ton. He loved sleeping on me. And, I'm pretty sure I helped spoil him because I hear Baby Carter cried unless the daycare provider was holding him on his first day in daycare. Whoops!
We did the Houston Zoo with the girls on Friday. They enjoyed the lake in front of the zoo. I, on the other hand, was terribly freaked out that they could fall in. You laugh, but I have gotten a call while at Hobby Lobby that Elle had fallen in a lake in Abilene. I won't mention who was with her.
Saturday came and it was time to leave the girls with Baba and Grandpa Tom. Neither of them even shed a tear! Woohoo! We checked into our hotel, which was so close to the starting line. Then, we got ready for dinner with April. April is a running friend of Joe's, and she's super fast. I think I got a second faster just from eating dinner between the two of them. We ate at Carrabba's - the original one in Houston. Carrabba's is our absolute favorite place to eat, and the one on Kirby in Houston is the best one ever. They don't have one in Abilene, so we try and go every chance we get.
After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and went to bed at 8:30p to rest up before the race.
To be continued...


No comments:
Post a Comment